Showing all 5 resultsFilter
B&B circle pendant
Personalised B&B circle gold pendant
B&B white, yellow & rose gold circle pendants
Personalised engraved circle pendant in your choice of gold
Hand carved signet ring
Yellow gold signet ring with engraved top
Custom Made Jewellery
Oval Hand Engraved Crest Signet Ring
Hand carved large oval family crest solid gold signet ring
Oval Crest Signet Ring
18ct yellow gold large oval hand engraved signet ring
Jewellery Engraving in South Australia: Types, Costs, and Benefits
Jewellery engraving is a beautiful and meaningful way to personalise your jewellery. From adding a date or special message to a wedding band to customising a charm bracelet, there are many reasons to consider jewellery engraving. Read on to explore the different types of engraving, the cost of engraving services in South Australia, and the benefits of engraving your jewellery.
Types of Engraving
There are three main types of jewellery engraving: hand engraving, machine engraving, and laser engraving. Each of the engraving methods has its own pros and cons. Let’s check it out below:
- Hand engraving: This traditional method involves carving the design by hand with a tool called a graver. It is a highly skilled and time-consuming process that requires a high level of craftsmanship. Hand engraving can create intricate and detailed designs that are truly unique. Hand engraving is the best option for designs that require a more three dimensional effect for the engraving details.
- Machine engraving: This method uses a rotary tool to engrave the design onto the surface of the jewellery. Machine engraving is faster and less expensive than hand engraving, but it may not be as precise or detailed.
- Laser engraving: This modern method uses a laser beam to etch the design onto the surface of the jewellery. It is precise, fast, and can produce detailed designs. Laser engraving is more of a surface engraving and can look quite flat.
Cost of Jewellery Engraving in South Australia
The cost of jewellery engraving in South Australia depends on various factors, including the type of engraving, the complexity of the design, and the jeweller you choose. Here are some general pricing guidelines:
- Hand engraving: Expect to pay the most for hand engraving, which can cost anywhere from $200 to $1000 or more, depending on the complexity of the design and the size of the piece.
- Machine engraving: Machine engraving is generally less expensive than hand engraving and can cost anywhere from $20 to $200, depending on the jeweller’s rates. This can look more flat than hand engraving.
- Laser engraving: Laser engraving is often priced similarly to machine engraving, although the cost may vary depending on the materials used.
Book a consultation to learn more about our jewellery engraving services.
Benefits of Jewellery Engraving
There are many benefits to having your jewellery engraved, including the following:
- Personalisation: Engraving your jewellery is a great way to add a personal touch to your pieces and make them truly unique.
- Commemoration: Engraving a special date, message, or name onto your jewellery can help commemorate important milestones and occasions.
- Sentimental value: Engraved jewellery can become a cherished heirloom that you can pass down from generation to generation.
- Gift giving: Engraved jewellery makes a thoughtful and personalised gift for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and other special occasions.
Enquire Now to Get Your Jewellery Engraved
If you’re interested in jewellery engraving in South Australia, you can contact us or book a consultation with one of our expert jewellers at Bell & Brunt. Our team can help you choose the right type of engraving for your piece and provide you with a quote for the cost of the service.
Don’t wait to add a personal touch to your jewellery – contact us today to enquire about engraving your piece.