Showing the single resultFilter
Handmade Trilliant Cut Engagement Rings
Custom trilliant cut engagement rings are exquisite and unique pieces of jewellery crafted with care and precision by our skilled masters. Our designers and jewellers work closely with you to create a one-of-a-kind piece that reflects your unique personality.
Speak to our friendly team for your personalised design
Diamond Engagement Rings
Emerald and trilliant cut three stone diamond ring
Hand made 18ct white gold four claw set emerald cut emerald three stone ring with cap set trilliant cut diamonds and tapered band
Trilliant Cut Diamond In Rings
Unlock the individuality of trilliant cut diamonds and transform your engagement ring into a work of art. Trilliant cut diamonds are a unique and striking choice for those who appreciate non-traditional diamond shapes and desire a piece of jewellery that stands out from the crowd.
What is a trilliant cut diamond?
A trilliant-cut diamond, also known as a trillian or trillion-cut diamond, is a unique and striking diamond shape characterised by its triangular outline. It typically features three equal sides and sharp, pointed corners. Trilliant diamonds are renowned for their brilliant sparkle and exceptional beauty. The name “trilliant” is a blending of “triangle” and “brilliant,” emphasising the diamond’s triangular shape and its remarkable ability to reflect light.
What are the distinctive features of trilliant diamonds?
- Triangular Facets: Trilliant cut diamonds have triangular facets radiating from the stone’s centre. These facets are designed to maximise the reflection of light, resulting in a dazzling play of colour and fire.
- Pointed Corners: The sharp corners of trilliant diamonds give them a unique and distinctive appearance. These pointed corners add to the diamond’s charm but also require careful consideration in the setting to protect against chipping or damage.
- Versatile: Trilliant diamonds are highly versatile and can be used as centre stones or side stones in various types of jewellery, including engagement rings, earrings, pendants, and necklaces. They can be used to create bold designs and complement other diamond shapes.
- Sparkle: Trilliant diamonds are valued for their exceptional brilliance and sparkle. Their faceting pattern maximises light dispersion, creating a dazzling effect.
- Modern Aesthetic: Trilliant diamonds are often associated with contemporary jewellery designs due to their clean lines, angular facets, and geometric appeal. They can add a touch of innovation to any jewellery piece.
Do trillion diamonds sparkle?
Yes, trilliant (or trillion) diamonds are known for their remarkable sparkle and brilliance. Trilliant diamonds are cut with triangular facets designed to maximise the refraction and dispersion of light, resulting in a stunning play of colour and fire. The precise cutting and faceting pattern of trilliant diamonds allows them to sparkle exquisitely, and their exciting shape further enhances their ability to catch and reflect light.
However, it’s essential to consider the quality of the cut when selecting a trilliant diamond. Well-cut trilliant diamonds with proper proportions and symmetrical facets will exhibit the most exceptional sparkle. Additionally, factors such as colour, clarity, and carat weight will also influence the overall appearance and sparkle of the diamond.
Ultimately, trilliant diamonds are prized for their ability to capture attention and shine with a remarkable brilliance that sets them apart from other diamond shapes.
How to Design a Trilliant Cut Diamond Ring:
Designing a trilliant cut diamond ring is an exciting and creative process. Here are the steps to help you create a trilliant-cut diamond ring that’s uniquely yours:
Seek Professional Assistance: Work with a skilled jeweller or a custom jewellery designer who specialises in creating custom rings. They can help you bring your design to life, ensure the diamond is set securely, and guide you on the best materials and design choices.
Choose the Diamond: Start by selecting the trilliant-cut diamond. Consider factors such as the 4Cs:
- Carat Weight: Decide on the size of the trilliant diamond.
- Cut: Look for a well-cut, trilliant diamond with good proportions and symmetry.
- Colour: Choose a colour grade that suits your preference and budget.
- Clarity: Decide on the clarity grade based on your tolerance for inclusions.
- To learn more about the 4cs, read our extensive diamond buying guide with expert tips.
Determine the Setting: Decide on the setting you want for the trilliant diamond. Common options include:
- V Claw Setting: A V claw setting allows more light to enter the diamond and enhances its sparkle. The pointed ends of the trilliant diamond are also protected from damage with a small amount of your desired metal.
- Three-Stone Setting: Combine the trilliant diamond with stones like radiants, emerald-cut or princess-cut diamonds for a three-stone ring.
- Solitaire Setting: If you prefer a minimalist look, a solitaire setting lets the trilliant diamond take centre stage.
Select the Metal: Choose the metal for the ring band. Common choices include white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, platinum, or a combination of metals. Consider the metal’s colour and durability when making your selection.
If you need help deciding which metal to pick, learn more about the differences between platinum & gold in our guide.
Customise the Band: Design the band according to your preferences. Envisage elements like the band’s width, finish, engraving, and any additional detailing that complements the overall design.
Finalise Your Design: Carefully review the design and, if necessary, make revisions until you’re satisfied with the final concept. Once your design is perfect, finalise the ring’s specifications with your design consultant. Your jeweller will hand-craft the ring according to your unique design.
The allure of trilliant-cut diamonds lies in their exceptional brilliance and unmatched individuality. At Bell & Brunt, we’re here to transform your vision into reality, creating a ring as unique as your love story. Join us in exploring the beauty and symbolism of trilliant diamonds, and let us craft a piece that will forever symbolise your journey.