Bell & Brunt is a family owned and operated business situated at the same premises, James Place, since 1925. It was originally opened by Edgar Bell Snr. who did repairs for retail stores. William Brunt began as an apprentice, as did Edgar Bell Jnr. shortly after, and they carried the business on as master jewellers manufacturing rings and jewellery.
William Brunt’s son, Keith, was introduced into the business at a very young age. Keith eventually took over the business and made the decision to open to the public in the 1960s. Since then Bell & Brunt has designed, hand crafted and manufactured engagement rings, wedding bands and jewellery for generations. Keith’s wife, four children and now two grandchildren have all worked in the shop as well.
What's great about the premises is that the jewellers benches are actually in the showroom, so you can see them at work, manufacturing rings. We currently have eight jewellers in-house. We pride ourselves on using the original way all jewellery was made - so no castings are used! It is guaranteed the strongest and longest wearing quality and it's superior to any other making today.